Monday, March 31, 2014

Hair Care

      This past week I have begun to see some breakage in my hair. I looked online at all the black hair care websites and forums to see what other African American women do about breakage. Many people talked about a good hair care regimen. I searched for good hair care regimens on Google and found one that was designed for relaxed hair. Because of this new regimen, I've had to buy a whole new brand of shampoo. I've also had to purchase coconut oil, protein treatments, deep conditioner, and heat protectants. It's only been a week since I've started using these new products and I can already see a difference in my hair. My hair has become thicker and fuller. It's also a lot softer and has more shine. My hair has also become easier to manage. It now takes me only 30 minutes to straighten my hair when it used to take 60 minutes. 

     The hair regimen also mentioned using less heat on your hair and it suggested heat-less hairstyles. One style I tried was Bantu knots. Bantu knots are when the hair is sectioned off in diamond, triangle or square shapes and twisted into knots. This creates heatless curls. At first I was skeptical. In the past I have done similar things and it never worked, but the Bantu knots were different. My hair was very curly and soft the next morning. The curls also looked more natural than the curls you would get when using a curling iron or wand. Needless to say, I was very happy with my new hair care regimen! I encourage everyone to find one that works best for him or her and stick to it. When it says stay away from certain products and chemicals do it because it really makes a difference. 

My Products:
Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque 
Silk Elements Heat Protection
Hollywood Beauty Coconut Oil
Aphogee Keratin 2 minute Re-constructor 

No comments:

Post a Comment